Venezia leads Colgate over Lafayette, 71-54
HAMILTON, N.Y. (AP)—Mike Venezia matched his career high with 20 points to lead four players in double figures, and Colgate beat Lafayette 71-54 on Wednesday night for its third straight win.
Yaw Gyawu had 16 points, Ben Johnson 13 and Anthony Hill 10 for Colgate (9-14, 5-5 Patriot League), which avenged a loss earlier this season to Lafayette (6-18, 2-8).
Ryan Willen had 16 points, and Jim Mower added 13 for the Leopards, who have lost seven straight.
After Lafayette took a 2-0 lead on a slashing drive by Marek Koltun 1:31 into the game, Venezia scored 10 points to key a 19-0 Colgate run that put the Raiders up 19-2 and in control.
Lafayette didn’t score again until Jeff Kari hit a jumper with 12:02 left in the first half, a span of 6:27 between baskets that put the Leopards in too deep a deficit to recover.
- Who's college basketball's midseason player of the year?
- NCAA rules Florida's Gak ineligible to play in 2016-17
- OSU officials: Coger died after 40-minute outdoor workout
- NCAA to survey potential host cities on discrimination laws
- George Washington investigating basketball coach Lonergan
- Alabama AD completes cancer treatment, cleared to go home