College of Charleston tops W. Carolina 78-67
CHARLESTON, S.C. (AP)—Andrew Goudelock scored 25 points and College of Charleston defeated Western Carolina 78-67 on Wednesday night.
After leading 16-13 with 12:49 left in the first half, College of Charleston (18-6, 10-4 Southern Conference) scored 15 unanswered points to take a 31-13 lead on an Antoine Wiggins dunk with 7:55 until halftime. Donavan Monroe led the run with eight points.
The Cougars had their biggest lead, 37-13, on a Jermaine Johnson layup with 3:50 left in the first half.
The Coutamounts (12-12, 7-7) managed to pull within 67-64 on a Harouna Mutombo layup with 3:13 remaining, but couldn’t pull any closer.
Monroe scored 16 points for the Cougars and Dustin Scott and Antwaine Wiggins tallied 10 each.
Mutumbo paced Western Carolina with 25 points and Brandon Giles added 16.
- Could the NCAA tournament expand to 96 teams?
- Defending champion Oregon picked to repeat as Pac-12 winner
- Florida freshman Bassett to miss season with stress fracture
- Izzo isn't sure what to expect from new-look Michigan State
- Eustachy to remain with Colorado St. through 2020-21 season
- NC State hires ex-Kansas State coach Asbury as analyst