Marshall crushes Rio Grande 92-59
HUNTINGTON, W.Va. (AP)—Markel Humphrey and Chris Lutz scored 23 points apiece to lead Marshall in a 92-59 rout of Rio Grande on Tuesday night.
Adam Williams added 12 points and 14 rebounds for the Thundering Herd (11-13), who have won two straight games after dropping four in a row. Lutz was 4-for-5 from beyond the arc and dished out six assists in Marshall’s final nonconference game of the season.
Darryl Merthie chipped in 10 points.
Brandon Ivery scored 16 points to lead the Red Storm (17-11) of the NAIA. Brett Beucler and P.J. Rase finished with 11 points apiece.
Marshall led 46-29 at halftime, and shot 66.7 percent from the field (18 of 27) to seal the win in the second half. Rio Grande was outrebounded 41-33 in the contest.
The Thundering Herd improved to 13-0 in this series, which began in 1920.
- Are Arizona State’s new-look logo and jerseys an improvement?
- Kentucky's Calipari: Willis won't miss games despite arrest
- St. Bonaventure coach Schmidt gets 1-year contract extension
- Louisville AD: School is waiting on NCAA investigation
- East Tennessee State dismisses Shemar Johnson from team
- Alabama coach Avery Johnson gives supplies to flood victims