Illinois-Chicago beats Detroit 64-53
CHICAGO (AP)—Josh Mayo scored a game-high 22 points to lead Illinois-Chicago to a 64-53 Horizon League victory over Detroit Tuesday night.
The win snaps a five-game losing streak for UIC (11-13, 4-10 Horizon League).
Scott Vandermeer and Robo Kreps each scored 10 points for the Flames, and Jeremy Buttell pulled down a game-high 11 rebounds.
It was slow going for both teams at the start, and neither scored for nearly the first three minutes of play.
UIC went on a 16-10 run midway through the first half to break a tie game. The Flames took a comfortable 32-21 lead into halftime. Detroit (7-17, 2-12) pulled within five early in the second half, but the Flames went on a 8-0 run that put them up by 14.
Thomas Kennedy had 21 points and 8 rebounds for the Titans, while Michael Harrington came off the bench to add 13 points on 4-of-5 shooting.
- Saint Louis beats Richmond 85-72 in 3 OTs
- Peter Jok scores 23, Iowa upsets No. 25 Iowa State 78-64
- Rising Bears: Baylor unranked to No. 4 in less than month
- White leads Colorado to 68-66 win over No. 13 Xavier
- No. 6 Kentucky regroups with 87-63 rout of Valparaiso
- Williams-Goss leads No. 8 Gonzaga over Washington 98-71