S.C.-Upstate tops Fla. Gulf Coast 71-62
SPARTANBURG, S.C. (AP)—Mezie Uzochukwu scored 22 points and South Carolina-Upstate defeated Florida Gulf Coast 71-62 on Monday night.
The Spartans (7-16, 6-8 Atlantic Sun Conference) have won three straight for the first time since joining Division I before the 2007-08 season.
Down 28-27 early in the second half, S.C.-Upstate went on a 13-2 run to take a 42-30 lead with 15:17 remaining on a layup by De’Marion Gordon. Gordon scored four points in the run and Uzochukwu added five.
Gordon finished with 11 points and Bobby Davis added 10 points and 11 rebounds for the Spartans.
Reed Baker scored 24 points and Addison Smith tallied five steals for the Eagles (10-17, 6-10), who were outrebounded 35-26.
Florida Gulf Coast shot just 35.5 percent from the field (22 of 62), including going 4-for-21 from 3-point range (19 percent).
- S.C.-Upstate tops Fla. Gulf Coast 71-62
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Allonzo Trier's return makes Arizona a leading candidate for preseason No. 1
- Roy Williams fires back at Maryland president, calling him a 'double idiot'
- Zach Collins enters draft, becomes Gonzaga's first one-and-done
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat
- Sources: Michigan State freshman Miles Bridges plans to return to school
- Isaac Humphries' exit means Kentucky may lose eight of its top nine players
- The 12 most intriguing (or confusing) hires of the college basketball coaching carousel