Coppin St. beats Winston-Salem 68-58
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. (AP)—Michael Harper scored 16 points to lead Coppin State in a 68-58 win over Winston-Salem State on Monday night.
Chuka Iloegbu and Tywain McKee added 13 points apiece for the Eagles (8-16), who are 3-0 all-time against Winston-Salem State.
The Rams (6-16) were led by Brian Fisher, who scored 17 points. Jamal Durham notched a double-double, scoring 14 and grabbing 10 boards.
The teams were tied at 25 going into the break, but the Eagles went on an 11-2 run midway through the second half that put them ahead 54-42, and they eased to victory from that point.
The Eagles shot 52.4 percent from the field (22 of 42) in the game compared to just a 34.5 mark (20 of 58) for the Rams.
Coppin State has won five of its last six games, while the Rams have lost eight of their last 10.
- Behind Jacob Pullen, K-State is (finally) living up to expectations
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four
- Follow NCAA tournament Elite Eight action
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- Recently fired Tom Crean attends Indiana women's basketball game