Vermont defeats Hartford 71-63
BURLINGTON, Vt. (AP)—Marqus Blakely scored 17 points and pulled down 10 rebounds as Vermont held off a second half comeback to defeat Hartford 71-63 in America East on Monday night.
The Catamounts (18-7, 9-3) took a 32-17 lead at the half and led 50-31 with 11:51 left before the Hawks went on a 20-4 spree, capped by Jaret von Rosenburg’s 3-pointer.
But Mike Trimboli scored nine of his 17 points in the last three minutes for Vermont to seal the victory.
Von Rosenburg had 13 points and Michael Turner 10 for the Hawks (6-19, 2-9).
- Vermont defeats Hartford 71-63
- Follow NCAA tournament Elite Eight action
- How a gut-wrenching loss, a promise, and countless post-practice shots fueled Oregon’s Final Four run
- Gonzaga's Mark Few after reaching Final Four at last: 'Might as well win it all'
- Xavier's J.P. Macura hits 80-foot shot that is ultimately waved off during wild 30-second stretch
- Indiana hires Dayton's Archie Miller as new coach
- Canyon Barry's LeBron-esque block is the great play that nobody will remember
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four
- Recently fired Tom Crean attends Indiana women's basketball game
- How Oregon shut down Kansas to advance to Final Four
- Has Gonzaga finally silenced the doubters?
- Somehow ... someway ... the SEC is dominating the NCAA tournament
- Best bets for Sunday's NCAA Elite Eight matchups
- Gonzaga's Mark Few doesn't feel he needs a Final Four to validate his legacy
- Florida stuns Wisconsin in best game of NCAA tournament
- What to watch for in Kentucky vs. North Carolina