Chattanooga beats Samford 66-56
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP)—Nicchaeus Doaks finished with 23 points and 12 rebounds to lead Chattanooga over Samford 66-56 on Monday night.
Khalil Hartwell added 16 points for the Mocs (12-13, 8-6 Southern Conference). Stephen McDowell chipped in with 13 points.
Samford held a 33-27 lead at halftime, but Chattanooga stayed close, and tied the game at 33-all two minutes into the second half.
The two teams tied the score four more times throughout the half, but the Mocs finally took the lead for good on a layup by Doaks with 3:05 remaining to give Chattanooga a 56-54 advantage. The basket would spark a 12-2 run to end the game.
The Bulldogs (11-13, 6-9) were led by Josh Davis, who scored 21 points on 7-of-18 shooting. Andy King added 14 points and five assists.
- The 10 best one-liners from Saturday night's Bob Knight roast
- Kentucky's Calipari: Willis won't miss games despite arrest
- St. Bonaventure coach Schmidt gets 1-year contract extension
- Louisville AD: School is waiting on NCAA investigation
- East Tennessee State dismisses Shemar Johnson from team
- Alabama coach Avery Johnson gives supplies to flood victims