Chattanooga beats Samford 66-56
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP)—Nicchaeus Doaks finished with 23 points and 12 rebounds to lead Chattanooga over Samford 66-56 on Monday night.
Khalil Hartwell added 16 points for the Mocs (12-13, 8-6 Southern Conference). Stephen McDowell chipped in with 13 points.
Samford held a 33-27 lead at halftime, but Chattanooga stayed close, and tied the game at 33-all two minutes into the second half.
The two teams tied the score four more times throughout the half, but the Mocs finally took the lead for good on a layup by Doaks with 3:05 remaining to give Chattanooga a 56-54 advantage. The basket would spark a 12-2 run to end the game.
The Bulldogs (11-13, 6-9) were led by Josh Davis, who scored 21 points on 7-of-18 shooting. Andy King added 14 points and five assists.
- Chattanooga beats Samford 66-56
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- South Carolina surprises again, advances to first Final Four
- Follow NCAA tournament Elite Eight action
- How a gut-wrenching loss, a promise, and countless post-practice shots fueled Oregon’s Final Four run
- Gonzaga's Mark Few after reaching Final Four at last: 'Might as well win it all'
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four
- Recently fired Tom Crean attends Indiana women's basketball game
- How Oregon shut down Kansas to advance to Final Four
- Has Gonzaga finally silenced the doubters?
- Somehow ... someway ... the SEC is dominating the NCAA tournament