Thompson leads Rider over Marist, 74-61
POUGHKEEPSIE, N.Y. (AP)—Ryan Thompson had 27 points and nine rebounds, Mike Ringgold added 18 points and 10 rebounds, and Rider beat Marist 74-61 on Monday night.
David Devezin led Marist (7-19, 3-11 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference) with 15 points, but high-scoring Ryan Schneider was limited to just 10 points on 3-of-15 shooting.
Marist led 54-50 after a pair of free throws by Javon Parris with 12:11 left, but a three-point play by Novar Gadsdon and a 3-pointer by Thompson gave Rider (14-9, 9-4 MAAC) the lead for good with 9:08 to go.
Thompson made four free throws, and Harris Mansell hit a 3-pointer as the Broncs pulled away in the final minutes to send the Red Foxes to their eighth straight loss.
- Thompson leads Rider over Marist, 74-61
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four