Howard defeats Delaware State 59-43
WASHINGTON (AP)—Eugene Myatt scored 18 points and Howard defeated Delaware State 59-43 on Monday night.
The Bison (7-16, 5-5 Mid-Eastern Conference) held Delaware State (6-19, 4-6) to a 28.6-percent shooting performance (16-for-56), including a 26.7-percent effort in the second half (8 of 30). The Hornets struggled from 3-point range in the second half, going just 1-for-9 (11.1 percent).
Howard picked up its biggest advantage, a 33-13 lead with 3:14 left in the first half, thanks to 12 unanswered points. The run was capped by two free throws from Nate Cooper.
Paul Kirkpatrick and Kyle Riley scored 12 points each for Howard.
Frisco Sandidge had 17 points and eight rebounds to lead the Hornets. Trevor Welcher added 11 points.
The Bison snapped an 11-game losing streak against Delaware State (6-19, 4-6) that dates to 2003.
- Howard defeats Delaware State 59-43
- The 10 highest-paid college basketball coaches
- One unlikely secret to Gonzaga's success: A recruiting pitch 'nobody really wants'
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin is the world's biggest Pitbull fan
- Death threats to a ref – the lunatics are threatening to overtake Kentucky's fan base
- Why Sindarius Thornwell's one-man NCAA tournament run ranks among best since 2000
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook