Chicago St. defeats Houston Baptist 112-108 in OT
HOUSTON (AP)—David Holston scored 39 points as Chicago State rallied for a 112-108 overtime victory over Houston Baptist on Monday night.
Houston Baptist saw a 10-point lead disappear as Chicago State outscored it 16-6 over the final 1:38 of regulation behind the play of Holston, Tawrence Walton and Mike Wilson.
Holston hit a key 3-pointer with 3 seconds left and tied the game at 99 on two free throws. John Cantrell scored 25 points, including six of Chicago State’s 13 points in overtime.
Wilson hit a 3-pointer with a minute left in overtime to give Chicago State (14-12) the lead for good. After Baron Sauls hit a pair of free throws to make it 109-108, Cantrell and Walton each hit two free throws for the final margin. Walton finished with 18 points and Wilson had 16.
Sauls led Houston Baptist (3-22) with 31 points and Gordon Watt’s added 25.
- Chicago St. defeats Houston Baptist 112-108 in OT
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0