Alcorn State beats Grambling State 82-61
LORMAN, Miss. (AP)—Troy Jackson scored 21 points and Alcorn State defeated Grambling State 82-61 on Monday night.
After Grambling State (6-16, 4-7 Southwestern Athletic Conference) took a 34-30 lead with 2:02 left in the first half, Alcorn State (5-19, 3-8) scored seven unanswered points for a 37-34 halftime advantage.
In the second half, the Braves used a 20-6 run to take a 57-40 lead with 13:49 left to play on a Jonathan Boyd 3-pointer.
Alcorn State shot 57 percent from 3-point range in the second half (8 of 14) with Boyd connecting on four.
The closest the Tigers would get the rest of the way was 66-50 with 8:44 left.
Antonio Jones, Jarvis Williams and Boyd scored 12 points each for the Braves.
Ariece Perkins was Grambling State’s leading scorer with 17 points.
- Mychal Thompson reacts to Klay Thompson's marijuana arrest
- No. 5 UCLA dominates offensive boards to edge No. 4 Arizona
- Brown leads Miami past No. 10 Duke, 55-50
- Paschall, Jenkins lead No. 2 Villanova past No. 23 Creighton
- Wagner leads Michigan over No. 14 Purdue 82-70
- Kansas clinches 13th straight Big 12 title outright