Harris leads Charlotte to 79-66 upset of Dayton
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP)—Lamont Mack scored 20 points, DiJuan Harris added 13 points and a career-high 12 assists and Charlotte continued a wild weekend of upsets in the Atlantic 10 Conference by stunning Dayton 79-66 on Sunday.
A day after No. 9 Xavier lost to Duquesne, the Flyers (21-3, 7-2) wasted a chance to move into a first-place tie with the Musketeers before their rivalry game on Wednesday.
Behind two spectacular alley-oop dunks by Charlie Coley on feeds from Harris, Charlotte (8-14, 2-6) rallied from a six-point deficit early in the second half. RaShad Coleman added 14 points and had two putback dunks and two free throws in an 18-3 run by Charlotte to take control.
Chris Johnson scored all 13 of his points in the first half and Charles Little added 11 points for Dayton, which missed 11 of 20 free throws and had its seven-game winning streak snapped.
- Lil' Romeo's underwhelming USC career comes to an end
- Kentucky's Calipari: Willis won't miss games despite arrest
- St. Bonaventure coach Schmidt gets 1-year contract extension
- Louisville AD: School is waiting on NCAA investigation
- East Tennessee State dismisses Shemar Johnson from team
- Alabama coach Avery Johnson gives supplies to flood victims