Saint Joseph’s beats Massachusetts 68-64
AMHERST, Mass. (AP)—Ahmad Nivins had 21 points and 12 rebounds as St. Joseph’s came from behind to beat Massachusetts 68-64 on Sunday.
Tasheed Carr added 14 points, six rebounds and five assists for St. Joseph’s (14-8, 7-1 Atlantic 10 Conference), which avoided the upset bug that has troubled the rest of the conference top teams.
Massachusetts led 37-34 at halftime and led by eight early in the second half. An Anthony Gurley 3-pointer gave the Minutemen a 53-48 lead with 7:26 remaining.
But the Massachusetts (8-13, 3-5 A-10 A-10) offense went cold from there as St. Joseph’s went on a 15-3 run to pull ahead after the Minutemen couldn’t respond.
Gurley and Ricky Harris each had 18 for the Minutemen, while Tony Gaffney added eight points and 13 rebounds.
- Oklahoma State upends Texas Tech 80-63
- Kentucky's Calipari: Willis won't miss games despite arrest
- St. Bonaventure coach Schmidt gets 1-year contract extension
- Louisville AD: School is waiting on NCAA investigation
- East Tennessee State dismisses Shemar Johnson from team
- Alabama coach Avery Johnson gives supplies to flood victims