Bacon’s buzzer beater lifts St. Peter’s
BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP)—Ryan Bacon scored on a tip-in as time expired, giving St. Peter’s a 59-58 victory over Canisius in the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference on Sunday.
Bacon scored a team-high 18 points and grabbed a career-high 15 rebounds for the Peacocks (7-17, 4-10). Wesley Jenkins chipped in 17 points.
Greg Logins scored a career-high 26 points and pulled down 13 rebounds for the Golden Griffins (7-17, 2-12), but was held scoreless in the final 10 minutes. Frank Turner added 17 points.
Canisius led by as much as 12 with 6:48 left in the first half. The teams exchanged the lead three times in the final 1:22.
The Griffins went up 58-57 on a Turner jump shot with 1:02 to go, but lost possession after a jump ball was called with four seconds remaining, setting the stage for Bacon’s decisive play.
- Bacon's buzzer beater lifts St. Peter's
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0