Sam Houston St. beats Cent. Arkansas, 75-52
CONWAY, Ark. (AP)—Corey Allmond and Ashton Mitchell each scored 18 points to lead Sam Houston State to a 75-52 victory Saturday over Central Arkansas.
Sam Houston State (13-8, 7-1) scored first and never looked back in the game, leading by as much as 25 points late in the second half. Mitchell also had three steals and six assists in the win over Central Arkansas (9-13, 2-7).
The Bearkats went 13-of-36 beyond the arc in the game and made 66 percent of its free throws in the win. Cold shooting plagued the Bears, who hit only two of their nine three-point attempts and were 52 percent at the foul line.
Sam Houston State scored 12 points off the bench, while Central Arkansas had 19 points.
Brooks Taylor led Central Arkansas in the loss with 13 points.
- Sam Houston St. beats Cent. Arkansas, 75-52
- De'Aaron Fox upstages Lonzo Ball, powers Kentucky to the Elite Eight
- South Carolina stifles Baylor en route to Elite Eight
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin
- Best bets for Saturday's Elite Eight matchups
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- Lonzo Ball basically declared for the NBA draft immediately after UCLA's NCAA tournament loss
- Commercials during March Madness mistakenly thank Republicans for repealing Obamacare
- North Carolina storms past Butler behind hot shooting and a healthy Joel Berry
- Fantasy basketball pickups: Young royalty worth a look
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster