Sacred Heart beats Long Island 101-72
FAIRFIELD, Conn. (AP)—Corey Hassan scored a career-high 25 points to lead Sacred Heart over Long Island 101-72 in Northeast Conference action Saturday.
Hassan scored 12 points and the Pioneers (11-12, 8-5 NEC), who shot 67.9 percent on their way to a 48-27 lead at the halftime. Chauncey Hardy was 6-for-6 from the field for Sacred Heart, scoring all 16 of his points in the first half.
Shane Gibson added 16 points, Joey Henley had 14 and Ryan Litke chipped in with 12 for the Pioneers, who cracked the 100-point mark for the first time this season.
Long Island made just 25 percent of its shots in the first half. Jaytornah Wisseh, Julian Boyd and Lucas Faggiano each had 11 points for the Blackbirds (11-12, 7-5). David Hicks added 10.
- Sacred Heart beats Long Island 101-72
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in One Shining Moment
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four