Bryant defeats Quinnipiac 72-68
HAMDEN, Conn. (AP)—Nick Pontes scored 21 points and Adam Parzych added 19 as Bryant defeated Quinnipiac 72-68 in a non-conference game Saturday.
The Bulldogs shot 53 percent in the contest and turned the ball over just 11 times.
James Feldeine led Quinnipiac with 15 points and Justin Rutty had 13 points and 14 rebounds. It was the second time that Bryant, which joins Quinnipiac in the Northeast Conference next year, had beaten the Bobcats in the season.
Quinnipiac led 33-32 at the half, but Bryant went on an 11-3 run to start the second half and never trailed again. Quinnipiac tied the game at 55 with eight minutes to play, but the Bulldogs again responded with a 7-2 run to take a 62-57 lead.
The Bobcats cut the deficit to 70-68 with 42 seconds to play, but Andrew Lyell hit two free throws to close out the scoring.
- Bryant defeats Quinnipiac 72-68
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0