Coastal Carolina edges High Point 70-68
HIGH POINT, N.C. (AP)—Dexter Moore scored 23 points and Mario Sisinni’s 3-pointer with 8 seconds left gave Coastal Carolina a 70-68 victory over High Point on Saturday night.
The Chanticleers (10-14, 4-8 Big South Conference) won their first conference road game of the season and snapped a three-game skid.
The Panthers (6-17, 2-11) have lost eight of their last nine.
Led by freshman Nick Barbour, who scored 22 of his career-high 32 points in the first half, High Point had a 41-37 advantage at intermission.
The Panthers held a 68-64 edge with 1:32 remaining, then Coastal Carolina’s Joseph Harris hit a jumper at 1:13 and Steven Sexton made the first of two free throws with 18 seconds remaining to pull the Chanticleers within a point.
After a missed free throw by High Point’s Cruz Daniels, Sisinni hit his only 3-pointer of the game after four misses.
- Coastal Carolina edges High Point 70-68
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four