Bramos scores 15, Miami (Ohio) beats Toledo 53-40
OXFORD, Ohio (AP)—Michael Bramos paced Miami of Ohio with 15 points as the RedHawks scored first and never trailed Saturday, beating Toledo 53-40.
Tyler Dierkers had 10 points and 15 rebounds, and Nick Winbush added 10 points for Miami (14-7, 7-2 Mid-American Conference).
Mohamed Lo scored 13 points for Toledo (4-19, 2-7), and Justin Anyijong had 10.
Eric Pollitz broke the ice for Miami with a jumper at the 16:28 mark, and the only other time the Rockets got within 2 points was when Lo converted a pair of free throws two minutes later.
After that, Miami widened its lead to 30-15 at halftime and never let Toledo get closer than 12 after that.
Cold shooting hurt Toledo early as the Rockets hit just 22 percent from the field in the first half.
- Ian Eagle shares the origin story of Bill Raftery's 'Onions!'
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- Recently fired Tom Crean attends Indiana women's basketball game
- How a gut-wrenching loss, a promise, and countless post-practice shots fueled Oregon’s Final Four run
- Somehow ... someway ... the SEC is dominating the NCAA tournament
- Indiana hires Dayton's Archie Miller as new coach
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four
- Follow NCAA tournament Elite Eight action
- Gonzaga's Mark Few after reaching Final Four at last: 'Might as well win it all'
- Xavier's J.P. Macura hits 80-foot shot that is ultimately waved off during wild 30-second stretch
- Gonzaga's Mark Few doesn't feel he needs a Final Four to validate his legacy