Bramos scores 15, Miami (Ohio) beats Toledo 53-40
OXFORD, Ohio (AP)—Michael Bramos paced Miami of Ohio with 15 points as the RedHawks scored first and never trailed Saturday, beating Toledo 53-40.
Tyler Dierkers had 10 points and 15 rebounds, and Nick Winbush added 10 points for Miami (14-7, 7-2 Mid-American Conference).
Mohamed Lo scored 13 points for Toledo (4-19, 2-7), and Justin Anyijong had 10.
Eric Pollitz broke the ice for Miami with a jumper at the 16:28 mark, and the only other time the Rockets got within 2 points was when Lo converted a pair of free throws two minutes later.
After that, Miami widened its lead to 30-15 at halftime and never let Toledo get closer than 12 after that.
Cold shooting hurt Toledo early as the Rockets hit just 22 percent from the field in the first half.
- What would a move to the SEC mean for Texas A&M basketball?
- Milton, Moore help No. 12 SMU rout South Florida 92-58
- McClellan, Newton lead No. 17 Miami past Georgia Tech 75-68
- Kansas State upsets top-ranked Oklahoma, 80-69
- Louisville's Pitino: Fine schools, coaches for violations
- No. 14 West Virginia beats No. 15 Baylor 80-69