Prairie View beats Texas Southern 75-55
HOUSTON (AP)—Michael Griffin scored 18 points and Tim Meadows and Derek Johnson added 14 each to lead Prairie View A&M to a 75-55 win over rival Texas Southern on Saturday night.
Darnell Hugee and Chris Jones each had 10 points for Prairie View (10-23, 6-4 Southwestern Athletic), which broke open a close game in the second half with 62 percent shooting from the field.
Matthew Miller scored 16 points to lead Texas Southern (2-21, 2-8). Sollie Norwood added 13 points.
Hugee had a double-double, pulling down 12 rebounds to go with his 10 points. The Panthers outrebounded the Tigers 32-23.
Texas Southern led 29-25 at the half.
- Pitino half-jokingly claims Big East schedule set ‘with a ouija board’
- Tar Heels ready for Final Four push after title-game loss
- Freshman class makes Duke a title favorite once again
- Police: South Carolina guard Felder kicked officers
- Clemson looking to end NCAA Tournament drought this season
- Defending champion Oregon picked to repeat as Pac-12 winner