Tenn.-Martin beats Tennessee State 100-73
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP)—Lester Hudson scored 23 of his 34 points in the second half and Tennessee-Martin defeated Tennessee State 100-73 on Saturday night, spoiling the debut of Tigers interim coach Mark Pittman.
Olajide Hay added 21 points and Reuben Clayton had 20 for the Skyhawks (16-6, 9-3 Ohio Valley Conference), whose eight-game winning streak began with a 78-65 win over Tennessee State on Jan. 10.
The Tigers (6-17, 4-9), who fired coach Cy Alexander on Friday, have lost five straight games and eight of their last nine. Alexander was 67-107 in six seasons with Tennesssee State.
Tennessee-Martin led 39-35 at halftime, then blew the game open with a 27-9 second-half spurt to lead 89-61 with 4:27 left.
The point total was the Skyhawks’ highest since a 121-56 season-opening win over Maryville of Missouri.
Jeremiah Crutcher led the Tigers with 18 points.
- Tenn.-Martin beats Tennessee State 100-73
- Somehow ... someway ... the SEC is dominating the NCAA tournament
- Best bets for Sunday's NCAA Elite Eight matchups
- Gonzaga's Mark Few doesn't feel he needs a Final Four to validate his legacy
- Florida stuns Wisconsin in best game of NCAA tournament
- What to watch for in Kentucky vs. North Carolina
- De'Aaron Fox carries Kentucky past UCLA
- Lonzo Ball 'looked disinterested,' and 'had one eye on the NBA'
- Gonzaga throttles Xavier to send Mark Few to his first Final Four
- Xavier's J.P. Macura hits 80-foot shot that is ultimately waved off during wild 30-second stretch
- Indiana hires Dayton's Archie Miller as new coach
- Canyon Barry's LeBron-esque block is the great play that nobody will remember
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four
- Follow NCAA tournament Elite Eight action
- These photos of Florida's buzzer-beater are almost as incredible as the shot itself
- Wisconsin's Zak Showalter hits miraculous 3, celebrates with Aaron Rodgers' belt move (Video)