Texas-San Antonio tops SE Louisiana 66-61
HAMMOND, La. (AP)—Morris Smith IV scored 17 points and Texas-San Antonio defeated Southeastern Louisiana 66-61 on Saturday.
After a halftime score tied at 31-31, Texas-San Antonio (14-7, 5-3 Southland Conference) opened the second half with 10 unanswered points. Josh Bonney started the half with a three-point play with 17:57 to go, and a little more than four minutes later the Roadrunners led 48-38.
The Lions (9-13, 3-6) answered with a 10-2 run to pull within 58-57 with 4:43 to play, but never take the lead.
Travis Gabbidon had his fourth double-double of the season for the Roadrunners, tallying 11 points and 12 rebounds. Bonney chipped in 13 points for Texas-San Antonio.
Damon Forest paced the Lions with 22 points and Brandon Fortenberry added 14. Patrick Sullivan, the Lions’ leading scorer (11.8 points per game) was held to six points in 17 minutes.
- Texas-San Antonio tops SE Louisiana 66-61
- The 10 highest-paid college basketball coaches
- One unlikely secret to Gonzaga's success: A recruiting pitch 'nobody really wants'
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin is the world's biggest Pitbull fan
- Death threats to a ref – the lunatics are threatening to overtake Kentucky's fan base
- Why Sindarius Thornwell's one-man NCAA tournament run ranks among best since 2000
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook