Benson’s 26 points leads Oakland past Centenary
ROCHESTER, Mich. (AP)—Keith Benson scored 26 points on 9-for-10 shooting and Eric Kangas added 19 in Oakland’s 78-65 victory over cold-shooting Centenary on Saturday night.
Johnathon Jones made just one field goal but made 11 of 12 free throws to add 13 points for the Golden Grizzlies (15-11, 8-5 Summit League). He also had 12 of Oakland’s 13 assists. Blake Cushingberry came off the bench to score 11 points.
Chase Adams hit 5-of-10 from 3-point range and finished with 23 points for the Gents (7-17, 5-7). Gary Redus and Nick Stallings added 13 and 12 points, respectively, for Centenary.
Oakland led 35-34 at halftime but pulled away as Centenary shot just 24.1 percent in the second half, finishing at 32.8 percent.
- Benson's 26 points leads Oakland past Centenary
- Florida stuns Wisconsin in best game of NCAA tournament
- What to watch for in Kentucky vs. North Carolina
- These photos of Florida's buzzer-beater are almost as incredible as the shot itself
- Wisconsin's Zak Showalter hits miraculous 3, celebrates with Aaron Rodgers' belt move (Video)
- De'Aaron Fox upstages Lonzo Ball, powers Kentucky to the Elite Eight
- South Carolina stifles Baylor en route to Elite Eight
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin
- Canyon Barry's LeBron-esque block is the great play that nobody will remember
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four
- De'Aaron Fox carries Kentucky past UCLA
- Lonzo Ball 'looked disinterested', 'had one eye on the NBA'
- Lonzo Ball basically declared for the NBA draft immediately after UCLA's NCAA tournament loss
- Commercials during March Madness mistakenly thank Republicans for repealing Obamacare
- North Carolina storms past Butler behind hot shooting and a healthy Joel Berry
- Fantasy basketball pickups: Young royalty worth a look