Texas-Arlington tops Northwestern St. 85-66
NATCHITOCHES, La. (AP)—Roge’r Guignard scored 15 points to lead Texas-Arlington to an 85-66 victory over Northwestern State on Saturday.
The Mavericks (11-10, 4-4 Southland Conference) ended a three-game skid while the Demons (9-14, 1-7) lost their second straight contest and 10 of their last 11.
Leading 27-25 with 6:09 left in the first half, Texas-Arlington used a 9-0 run to pull ahead and led 43-34 at halftime.
The Demons made only 9 of 39 field goals (23.1 percent) in the second half, falling behind by 27 points on two occasions.
Northwestern State shot 29.2 percent (21 of 71) for the game, compared to 32 of 76 (42.1 percent) for Texas-Arlington.
Marquez Haynes added 13 points for the Mavericks, while Anthony Vereen had 11 points and 10 rebounds.
Kalem Porterie had 13 points for the Demons and William Mosley added 12 points and 10 rebounds.
- Dunn, Perry lead Baylor past No. 21 Texas A&M
- Milton, Moore help No. 12 SMU rout South Florida 92-58
- McClellan, Newton lead No. 17 Miami past Georgia Tech 75-68
- Kansas State upsets top-ranked Oklahoma, 80-69
- Louisville's Pitino: Fine schools, coaches for violations
- No. 14 West Virginia beats No. 15 Baylor 80-69