N.C.-Wilmington 65, Northeastern 77
BOSTON (AP)—Chaisson Allen scored 21 points as Northeastern defeated North Carolina-Wilmington 77-65 on Saturday.
North Carolina-Wilmington pulled within six, 69-63, with a minute to play after Dominique Lacy hit a 3-pointer. But Northeastern made eight free throws to close it out.
Johnny Wolf scored 19 points and Lacy added 18 points and seven rebounds to lead North Carolina-Wilmington (6-19, 3-10 Colonial Athletic Association).
Baptiste Bataille had 14 points and Matt Janning finished with 13 points, six rebounds and three assists for Northeastern (16-7, 11-2).
Northeastern shot over 56 percent from the field, including 42 percent on 3-point shots. The Huskies also missed just one of 14 free throws.
North Carolina-Wilmington’s leading scorer Chad Tomko, who came in averaging a team-high 32 minutes per game, was limited to 14 minutes and nine points due to foul trouble.
Northeastern led 36-29 at the break as Allen scored 15 first half points on 6-of-7 shooting.
- N.C.-Wilmington 65, Northeastern 77
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Michigan team breakdown
- Butler team breakdown
- Kentucky team breakdown
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- Oregon team breakdown
- Purdue team breakdown
- Sweet 16 power rankings: Who are the new favorites to win the national championship?