North Texas defeats Louisiana-Lafayette 92-74
DENTON, Texas (AP)—Tristan Thompson scored 24 points, including all 13 of his free throws, to lead North Texas to a 92-74 victory over Louisiana-Lafayette on Saturday night.
Thompson also was a perfect 3-for-3 from 3-point range. Adam McCoy added 15 points off the bench and Eric Tramiel and Dominique Johnson each scored 10 points for North Texas (13-10, 6-6 Sun Belt).
Chris Gradnigo led the Ragin’ Cajuns (8-15, 5-7) with 15 points. Travis Bureau and Lamar Roberson each scored 11, while Courtney Wallace scored 10 points.
North Texas led by as many as 39 points in the second half.
- North Texas defeats Louisiana-Lafayette 92-74
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Michigan team breakdown
- Oregon team breakdown
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- Butler team breakdown
- Purdue team breakdown