Texas A&M-C.C. beats Nicholls State 69-68
THIBODAUX, La. (AP)—Kevin Palmer scored five of his 10 points in the game’s final 39 seconds, lifting Texas A&M-Corpus Christi to a 69-68 win over Nicholls State on Saturday.
The teams traded leads throughout in a close game. Anatoly Bose hit a pair of free throws to put Nicholls State up 66-64 with 51 seconds remaining. Palmer answered with a 3-pointer on the Islanders’ (13-10, 7-8 Southland Conference) next possession to put them up 67-66 12 seconds later.
After Justin Payne made both of his free throws to put the Colonels (13-9, 6-3) up again with 17 seconds to play, Palmer hit two shots from the foul line with 3 seconds left to seal the win for the Islanders.
Tim Green led the Islanders with 14 points.
Fred Hunter paced the Colonels with 25 points.
- Jalen Rose criticizes Duke in upcoming Fab Five documentary
- UConn AD preparing pitch, waiting to hear from Big 12
- UNC gets 1-week extension to respond to 5 NCAA charges
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes new ACC Network
- Beehive Classic features Utah, BYU, Utah State, Weber State
- Attorney: NCAA missed deadline to respond in Tyndall case