Louisiana-Monroe tops New Orleans 61-58
NEW ORLEANS (AP)—Rudy Turner scored 18 points and Louisiana-Monroe defeated New Orleans 61-58 on Saturday night.
Turner scored 12 of his points in helping Louisiana-Monroe (8-15, 4-8 Sun Belt Conference) overcome a 31-22 deficit with 16:47 remaining.
Turner, who had 11 rebounds for his fifth double-double this season, also blocked four shots. Dynile Forbes scored 15 points off the bench for the Warhawks and Afam Nweke chipped in 13.
After trailing 21-19 in the first half, Louisiana-Monroe shot 54.2 percent from the field in the second (13 of 24) to outscore New Orleans (10-14, 5-8) 42-35 in the second half.
T.J. Worley scored 17 points for the Privateers and Kyndall Dykes added 10 points and eight rebounds.
New Orleans finished the game shooting 33.3 percent from the field (16 of 48), shooting 1-for-9 from 3-point range (11.1 percent).
- Louisiana-Monroe tops New Orleans 61-58
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0