Manhattan defeats Loyola of Maryland 72-65
BALTIMORE (AP)—Chris Smith scored 17 points to lead Manhattan to a 72-65 win over Loyola of Maryland on Saturday night.
Smith also had nine rebounds for the Jaspers (13-10, 7-6 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference), while Laurence Jolicoeur chipped in with 17 points and eight rebounds.
After the score was tied at 17-17 midway through the first half, Manhattan went on a 10-3 run to assume a 27-20 lead with 5:08 remaining. They carried a 31-24 lead into halftime.
The Greyhounds (11-14, 6-7) stayed close and cut the lead to 61-60 on a 3-pointer from Marquis Sullivan with 1:28 left on the game clock. But Manhattan maintained their lead, ending the game with a 5-0 run in the final 23 seconds to seal the win.
Loyola was paced by Sullivan, who scored 15. Brad Farrell and Jamal Barney chipped in with 12 points apiece.
- Syracuse-Rutgers Preview
- Texas basketball coach Smart gets raise, contract extension
- Alabama signs Southern Illinois grad transfer Olaniyan
- Calipari hosts charity softball for Louisiana flood relief
- Arizona's Talbott Denny injures knee, out for season
- Tennessee permitted to hire new AD before Hart's exit date
- No. 2 Syracuse beats Rutgers 74-64
- Former Michigan State star Appling charged in new case
- Kentucky's Calipari: Willis won't miss games despite arrest
- St. Bonaventure coach Schmidt gets 1-year contract extension
- Louisville AD: School is waiting on NCAA investigation
- East Tennessee State dismisses Shemar Johnson from team