Pepperdine beats Loyola Marymount, 58-43
LOS ANGELES (AP)—Ryan Holmes scored 18 points to pace visiting Pepperdine to a 58-43 victory over last place Loyola Marymount Saturday night.
The Waves (3-5, 6-18), sixth place in the conference going in to the game, desperately needed the win after losing five of their previous six games.
For the Lions (0-8, 1-23) the dismal season continued as LMU remains winless in the WCC. The loss was the eighth in a row for the Lions and the second loss to Pepperdine this season. The Waves won the first meeting 59-57 in Malibu a month ago.
Pepperdine squandered an eight-point halftime lead as LMU rallied to a 36-34 advantage with 9:55 left in the game after the Lions Jarred Dubois hit a 10-foot jumper.
The LMU lead was short-lived, however, as Pepperdine scored 14 of the next 15 points over the next six minutes to take a late 48-37 lead to seal the win.
- With his team down early, Sullinger talks smack and then backs it up
- UConn AD preparing pitch, waiting to hear from Big 12
- UNC gets 1-week extension to respond to 5 NCAA charges
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes new ACC Network
- Beehive Classic features Utah, BYU, Utah State, Weber State
- Attorney: NCAA missed deadline to respond in Tyndall case