Jacksonville State tops Eastern Kentucky 75-70
JACKSONVILLE, Ala. (AP)—DeAndre Bray scored 21 points, shooting 7-for-7 from 3-point range, to lead Jacksonville State to an 75-70 win over Eastern Kentucky on Saturday.
The Gamecocks (11-11, 5-8 Ohio Valley Conference) scored 19 points off of 11 Eastern Kentucky turnovers, snapping a three-game Colonels’ (14-10, 7-6) winning streak.
Jacksonville State had three players tally a double-double as Nick Murphy had 11 points and 11 rebounds, Stephen Hall had 11 points and 10 rebounds, and Jonathan Toles had 11 points and 11 assists.
Josh Taylor paced the Colonels with 21 points. Mike Rose added 13 points for Eastern Kentucky, while Joshua Jones and Jorge Camacho added 11 each.
The Gamecocks shot 47.8 percent from 3-point range (11-for-23) in the game, hitting 50 percent from beyond the arc (4-for-8) in the second half.
- Nerlens Noel’s haircut is starting to catch on among his teammates
- NCAA rules Florida's Gak ineligible to play in 2016-17
- Iowa State's Prohm adds former Alabama coach to staff
- UConn AD preparing pitch, waiting to hear from Big 12
- UNC gets 1-week extension to respond to 5 NCAA charges
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes new ACC Network