James Madison beats George Mason 68-66
HARRISONBURG, Va. (AP)—Devon Moore scored seven points in the final 3:30 minutes to give James Madison a 68-66 win over George Mason on Saturday.
George Mason (16-7, 9-4 Colonial Athletic Association) led 60-57 with 4:41 left to play, before Moore sparked a 11-6 James Madison run.
James Madison’s run began on a layup by Dazzmond Thornton, before Moore hit two free throws to give the Dukes (16-9, 8-5) a 61-60 lead with 3:30 remaining in the game.
After two free throws by John Vaughan, Moore hit two more shots from the foul line, followed by a jumper and a free throw with 3 seconds remaining to seal the win.
Moore finished the game with 11 points. The Dukes were led by Kyle Swanston’s 19 points and Thornton, who added 13.
John Vaughan scored 19 points and Darryl Monroe had 13 for the Patriots.
- James Madison beats George Mason 68-66
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four