Howard tops Maryland-Eastern Shore 72-65
WASHINGTON (AP)—Eugene Myatt scored 22 points and Howard benefited from Maryland-Eastern Shore’s poor foul shooting in a 72-65 victory on Saturday.
Kyle Riley added 14 points for the Bison (6-16, 4-5 Mid-Eastern Conference), who never trailed in their third-straight win despite seeing a nine-point halftime lead dwindle to 66-65 late in the second.
Keishawn Mayes scored 18 points for the Hawks (6-16, 2-7), but missed a pair of free throws with 1:09 remaining to keep Howard’s 1-point lead in tact. Maryland-Eastern Shore shot 11-of-27 from the foul line.
Myatt hit a pump-fake jumper on Howard’s next possession to stretch it to 68-65, and the Bison hit four of six free throws to seal it.
Maryland-Eastern Shore has lost four straight games.
- Howard tops Maryland-Eastern Shore 72-65
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set