Troy defeats Florida Atlantic 78-63
BOCA RATON, Fla. (AP)—Brandon Hazzard scored 30 points and Troy defeated Florida Atlantic 78-63 on Saturday night.
The Trojans (14-10, 10-3 Sun Belt Conference) held Florida Atlantic to 35.7 percent shooting (20 of 56) to win their eighth straight and 10 of 11.
Paul Graham III hit a 3-pointer with 16:36 left to play to give Florida Atlantic (5-20, 1-12) a 47-40 lead. The Trojans then went on a 17-5 run, taking a 57-52 advantage with 12 minutes left on Tom Jervis’ dunk. Hazzard and Jervis scored seven points each during the run.
Troy then built its biggest lead to 74-57 with 3:06 to play on a layup by Richard Delk.
Hazzard, who had 15 points in the first half, was 4-for-3 on 3-pointers and 11 of 15 from the field.
Graham, the Sun Belt’s leading scorer at 18.5 points per game, scored 33 points and had seven rebounds for the Owls. Shavar Richardson added 16.
- Troy defeats Florida Atlantic 78-63
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin
- Best bets for Saturday's Elite Eight matchups
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- North Carolina storms past Butler behind hot shooting and a healthy Joel Berry
- Fantasy basketball pickups: Young royalty worth a look
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense