Troy defeats Florida Atlantic 78-63
BOCA RATON, Fla. (AP)—Brandon Hazzard scored 30 points and Troy defeated Florida Atlantic 78-63 on Saturday night.
The Trojans (14-10, 10-3 Sun Belt Conference) held Florida Atlantic to 35.7 percent shooting (20 of 56) to win their eighth straight and 10 of 11.
Paul Graham III hit a 3-pointer with 16:36 left to play to give Florida Atlantic (5-20, 1-12) a 47-40 lead. The Trojans then went on a 17-5 run, taking a 57-52 advantage with 12 minutes left on Tom Jervis’ dunk. Hazzard and Jervis scored seven points each during the run.
Troy then built its biggest lead to 74-57 with 3:06 to play on a layup by Richard Delk.
Hazzard, who had 15 points in the first half, was 4-for-3 on 3-pointers and 11 of 15 from the field.
Graham, the Sun Belt’s leading scorer at 18.5 points per game, scored 33 points and had seven rebounds for the Owls. Shavar Richardson added 16.
- Troy defeats Florida Atlantic 78-63
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Michigan team breakdown
- Butler team breakdown
- Kentucky team breakdown
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- Oregon team breakdown
- Purdue team breakdown
- Sweet 16 power rankings: Who are the new favorites to win the national championship?