Mount St. Mary’s, Md. 75, Fairleigh Dickinson 68
TEANECK, N.J. (AP)—Kelly Beidler scored 22 points and pulled down seven rebounds to lead Mount St. Mary’s of Maryland to a 75-68 win over Fairleigh Dickinson on Saturday night.
Jeremy Goode added 18 points and handed out five assists for the Mount (14-10, 9-4 in Northeast Conference), while Jean Cajou finished with 14 points. Sean Baptiste had 27 points for the Knights (6-18, 5-8), while Terence Grier and Kamil Svrdlik scored 11 points each and Cameron Tyler finished with 10 points and 11 assists.
Mount St. Mary’s opened the game with an 11-0 run and led 32-25 at the break. FDU tried to rally early on in the second half, but the Mount responded with a 15-5 run and then held double-digit leads for most of the half.
The Mount also won the battle of the boards, outrebounding the Knights 36-28.
- Mount St. Mary's, Md. 75, Fairleigh Dickinson 68
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- South Carolina surprises again, advances to first Final Four
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four
- Recently fired Tom Crean attends Indiana women's basketball game