E. Ill. downs SE Missouri 70-62
CHARLESTON, Ill. (AP)—Tyler Laser had 22 points to lead Eastern Illinois on a second period surge and a 70-62 victory over Southeast Missouri on Saturday.
Romain Martin added ten points for Eastern Illinois (11-11, 8-4 Ohio Valley).
Eastern Illinois trailed 34-32 to Southeast Missouri (3-21, 0-13 Ohio Valley) but the Panthers came back from the break to outscore the Redhawks 38-38 in the second period. Eastern Illinois earned 17 points off Southeast Missouri’s 15 turnovers.
Kenard Moore led the Redhawks with 24 points, including six 3-pointers. Jajuan Maxwell added 15 points and ten rebounds for a double-double. LaMont Russell had ten rebounds, but fouled out.
Southeast Missouri had eight team 3-pointers.
The Redhawks led by as many as ten points and the Panthers led by as many as 11 points.
- E. Ill. downs SE Missouri 70-62
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in One Shining Moment
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four