Old Dominion beats Drexel 63-53
PHILADELPHIA (AP)—Gerald Lee had a game-high 23 points and 10 rebounds to lead Old Dominion to a 63-53 win over Drexel on Saturday night.
Lee scored 11 points in a 19-3 run that spanned the final 13:25 of the first half, giving Old Dominion a 26-14 lead at the break.
The Monarchs (8-5 Colonial Athletic Association, 15-8) never trailed in the second half and led by as many as 18 twice on the way to their fourth straight win.
Jonathan Adams had 12 points in a reserve role for the Monarchs.
Drexel (12-10, 8-5) shot 32 percent and was outscored 36-20 in the paint. The Dragons cut the Monarchs’ lead to single digits three times in the second half and got within 61-53 with 17.9 seconds left after a 3-pointer by Jamie Harris.
Harris shot 6-for-11 from 3-point range and led the Dragons with 20 points. Gerald Colds added 14 points for Drexel.
Drexel led 11-7 with 13:48 remaining in the first half after a 3-pointer by Harris. But the Dragons shooting went cold and managed just one field goal the rest of the first half, finishing 5-for-25 in the opening stanza.
- Old Dominion beats Drexel 63-53
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Michigan team breakdown
- Oregon team breakdown
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- Butler team breakdown
- Purdue team breakdown