Colgate beats Army 55-53
HAMILTON, N.Y. (AP)—Alex Woodhouse blocked a game-tying shot with less than five seconds to play, and Colgate beat Army 55-53 in Patriot League basketball Saturday.
Yaw Gyawu led the Raiders (8-14, 4-5) with 12 points, while Mike Venezia chipped in 10. Woodhouse scored nine points and grabbed a game-high eight rebounds.
Army’s Josh Miller led all scorers with 18 points in 31 minutes off the bench. Cleveland Richard added 12 points for the Black Knights (7-15, 3-5), all in the second half.
After a 6 for 21 showing in the first half, the Black Knights shot 48.4 percent in the second half to finish at 40.4 percent for the game. The Raiders held a 29-28 advantage on the glass.
The Black Knights trailed by 14 at halftime but outscored the Raiders 36-24 in the second half.
- Colgate beats Army 55-53
- The 10 highest-paid college basketball coaches
- One unlikely secret to Gonzaga's success: A recruiting pitch 'nobody really wants'
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin is the world's biggest Pitbull fan
- Death threats to a ref – the lunatics are threatening to overtake Kentucky's fan base
- Why Sindarius Thornwell's one-man NCAA tournament run ranks among best since 2000
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook