Robert Morris beats Cent. Connecticut 64-44
NEW BRITAIN, Conn. (AP)—Jimmy Langhurst had 18 points to lead Robert Morris to a 64-44 defeat of Central Connecticut State on Saturday.
Robert Morris (17-8, 11-1 NEC) pulled away with a 15-2 run to end the first half. The Colonials held the Blue Devils without a field goal for the final 8:34 of the half.
Jeremy Chappell had 15 for Robert Morris in the game, and Mezie Nwigwe added 12.
The Blue Devils (11-12, 7-6) didn’t quit in the second half, but didn’t have enough offensive strength to fight their way back.
Shemik Thompson had 13 points for the Blue Devils. Central Connecticut’s main offensive force, Ken Horton, was held to four points on 2-for-6 shooting in the game, but pulled down 12 rebounds.
- Robert Morris beats Cent. Connecticut 64-44
- Florida stuns Wisconsin in best game of NCAA tournament
- What to watch for in Kentucky vs. North Carolina
- These photos of Florida's buzzer-beater are almost as incredible as the shot itself
- Wisconsin's Zak Showalter hits miraculous 3, celebrates with Aaron Rodgers' belt move (Video)
- De'Aaron Fox upstages Lonzo Ball, powers Kentucky to the Elite Eight
- South Carolina stifles Baylor en route to Elite Eight
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin
- Canyon Barry's LeBron-esque block is the great play that nobody will remember
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four
- De'Aaron Fox carries Kentucky past UCLA
- Lonzo Ball 'looked disinterested', 'had one eye on the NBA'
- Lonzo Ball basically declared for the NBA draft immediately after UCLA's NCAA tournament loss
- Commercials during March Madness mistakenly thank Republicans for repealing Obamacare
- North Carolina storms past Butler behind hot shooting and a healthy Joel Berry
- Fantasy basketball pickups: Young royalty worth a look