Singletary leads Kent State past Ball State
MUNCIE, Ind. (AP)—Chris Singletary scored 19 points to help Kent State beat Ball State 63-56 on Saturday afternoon.
Julian Sullinger scored 13 points and Tyree Evans added 11 for the Golden Flashes (12-11, 5-4 Mid-American).
Brandon Lampley scored 21 points and Rob Giles scored 18 for Ball State (10-11, 5-4).
Kent State jumped out to a 25-9 advantage and led 38-22 at halftime. The Golden Flashes shot 63 percent from the field before the break.
Ball State rallied and cut its deficit to four twice in the second half. The second time, the Cardinals trimmed the Golden Flashes’ lead to 50-46. Kent State recovered with back-to-back layups by Sullinger and another layup by Jordan Mincy to make it 58-48. Kent State led by at least six points the rest of the way.
- Singletary leads Kent State past Ball State
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four
- Recently fired Tom Crean attends Indiana women's basketball game
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- South Carolina surprises again, advances to first Final Four
- Follow NCAA tournament Elite Eight action