Singletary leads Kent State past Ball State
MUNCIE, Ind. (AP)—Chris Singletary scored 19 points to help Kent State beat Ball State 63-56 on Saturday afternoon.
Julian Sullinger scored 13 points and Tyree Evans added 11 for the Golden Flashes (12-11, 5-4 Mid-American).
Brandon Lampley scored 21 points and Rob Giles scored 18 for Ball State (10-11, 5-4).
Kent State jumped out to a 25-9 advantage and led 38-22 at halftime. The Golden Flashes shot 63 percent from the field before the break.
Ball State rallied and cut its deficit to four twice in the second half. The second time, the Cardinals trimmed the Golden Flashes’ lead to 50-46. Kent State recovered with back-to-back layups by Sullinger and another layup by Jordan Mincy to make it 58-48. Kent State led by at least six points the rest of the way.
- Singletary leads Kent State past Ball State
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Michigan team breakdown
- Butler team breakdown
- Kentucky team breakdown
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- Oregon team breakdown
- Purdue team breakdown
- Sweet 16 power rankings: Who are the new favorites to win the national championship?