Austin Peay defeats Murray State 83-80
CLARKSVILLE, Tenn. (AP)—Drake Reed scored 32 points and Austin Peay defeated Murray State 83-80 on Saturday night.
Reed scored nine points and Wes Channels had 12 in the second half points for Austin Peay (13-10, 9-4 Ohio Valley Conference), who outscored the Racers (11-10, 6-5) 38-35 in the half.
The Governors trailed 65-61 with 12:22 remaining, before going on a 9-2 run capped by Kyle Duncan’s 3-pointer to take a 70-67 lead with 8:27 left.
One game after tallying 35 points, 18 rebounds and five blocks against Tennessee-Martin, Reed again surpassed his 21 points per game average and grabbed seven rebounds and had four blocks against Murray State.
Thomas Danero led the Racers with 30 points and Tyler Holloway added 14.
Austin Peay ended a three-game losing streak—its longest conference losing streak in seven years.
- Austin Peay defeats Murray State 83-80
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- South Carolina surprises again, advances to first Final Four
- Follow NCAA tournament Elite Eight action
- How a gut-wrenching loss, a promise, and countless post-practice shots fueled Oregon’s Final Four run
- Gonzaga's Mark Few after reaching Final Four at last: 'Might as well win it all'
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four
- Recently fired Tom Crean attends Indiana women's basketball game
- How Oregon shut down Kansas to advance to Final Four
- Has Gonzaga finally silenced the doubters?
- Somehow ... someway ... the SEC is dominating the NCAA tournament