Ark.-Little Rock beats Denver, 66-57
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP)—Shane Edwards and Steven Moore scored 18 points apiece to lead Arkansas-Little Rock to a 66-57 win Saturday night over Denver.
Edwards pulled down 10 rebounds and two steals and Moore had two steals in the win for Arkansas-Little Rock (17-6, 10-2).
Denver (10-13, 5-7) came out quick with a six-point lead only a few minutes into the first half. The lead would change only once, allowing the Trojans to pull ahead to a 26-24 halftime score and put the game away as the second half went on.
The Trojans scored 21 points off the bench and were helped by solid shooting — going four-for-eight from beyond the arc and hitting 18 of their 25 free throws. The Pioneers’ cold shooting from the floor and 12 points from the bench doomed them to another Sun Belt Conference loss.
Rob Lewis led Denver with 12 points and four rebounds.
- Are Arizona State’s new-look logo and jerseys an improvement?
- Kentucky's Calipari: Willis won't miss games despite arrest
- St. Bonaventure coach Schmidt gets 1-year contract extension
- Louisville AD: School is waiting on NCAA investigation
- East Tennessee State dismisses Shemar Johnson from team
- Alabama coach Avery Johnson gives supplies to flood victims