Dartmouth beat Brown 63-61 in OT
HANOVER, N.H. (AP)—Dan Biber hit a clutch free throw with 11 seconds left, his only point, to help Dartmouth beat Brown 63-61 in overtime Friday night.
Brown had two more chances, but Robby Pride stole the ball with 2.8 seconds left, was fouled and hit a free throw for the final score.
Alex Barnett had 28 points to lead Dartmouth ( 5-14, 3-2 Ivy League). He forced the overtime with a 3-pointer that tied it 55-55 with just under a minute left.
Scott Friske had 19 points and 13 rebounds and Peter Sullivan added 18 points for Brown (6-13, 0-5). The Bears turned the ball over on three of their last four possessions.
Brown led 59-57, but Marlon Sanders tied it with two free throws and Pride drove for a layup. Matt Mullery tied it for the Bears at 61 with 48 seconds left.
The Big Green won two in a row for the first time this season.
- Dartmouth beat Brown 63-61 in OT
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four