Belmont beats Campbell 87-84
BUIES CREEK, N.C. (AP)—Matthew Dotson hit a go-ahead 3-pointer with 21 seconds left to help Belmont overcome a 21-point deficit, beating Campbell 87-84 on Friday night.
Alex Renfroe led the Bruins (14-8, 10-3 Atlantic Sun Conference) with 24 points. Andy Wicke scored 16 points, Jon House had 13 points, and Mick Hedgepeth and Dotson each added 12.
The Camels (10-13, 7-7) took a 21-point lead with 15:25 left in the second half on a 3-pointer by Amir Celestin, who finished with 16 points. Campbell maintained a double-digit margin, until Renfroe’s 3-pointer cut the lead to 78-69 with 1:57 remaining in the game.
A three-point play by Renfroe trimmed Campbell’s advantage to 84-82 with 34 seconds left. Dotson hit a 3 and Wicke followed with two free throws to put the Bruins ahead for good.
Jonathan Rodriguez scored 25 points and grabbed 10 rebounds for Campbell.
- Baylor beats Texas A&M, 72-68, in physical game
- UConn AD preparing pitch, waiting to hear from Big 12
- UNC gets 1-week extension to respond to 5 NCAA charges
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes new ACC Network
- Beehive Classic features Utah, BYU, Utah State, Weber State
- Attorney: NCAA missed deadline to respond in Tyndall case