IPFW beats Centenary 71-59
FORT WAYNE, Ind. (AP)—Ben Botts scored 17 and IPFW scored 23 points off the bench as the Mastodons beat Centenary 71-59 Thursday night in the Summit League.
David Carson and Jakari Johnson scored 12 each for IPFW (9-14, 4-8), which shot 47 percent from the field and 8-of-17 from three-point range.
Nick Stallings had 16 points and eight rebounds for the Gents (7-16, 5-6), who shot just 33 percent overall. Gary Redus had 13 and Chase Adams 10.
Both teams shot 19-of-25 from the free-throw line.
IPFW led 32-27 at the break. The Gents tied twice early in the second half, but the Mastodons went on a 15-2 run to gain a 13-point edge with 1:22 left, their largest lead of the game.
Centenary outrebounded IPFW 35-31.
- ODU band member gets Tweety Carter haircut as promised
- Former Chicago high school basketball standout gunned down
- Former Houston guard L.J. Rose to transfer to BYU
- OSU officials: Coger died after 40-minute outdoor workout
- NCAA to survey potential host cities on discrimination laws
- George Washington investigating basketball coach Lonergan