Chattanooga tops Wofford 84-77
SPARTANBURG, S.C. (AP)—Ty Patterson scored 23 points and Chattanooga defeated Wofford 84-77 on Thursday night.
After trailing 44-37 at halftime, the Mocs (11-12, 7-5 Southern Conference) shot 73.7 percent (14 of 19) in the second half, outscoring Wofford 47-33 in the frame.
Chattanooga finished the game shooting 57.8 percent (26-for-45) with Patterson going 7 of 10 from the field.
Patterson paced five Mocs in double figures with Stephen McDowell scoring 15 points and Keyron Sheard adding 11. Khalil Hartwell and Nicchaeus Doaks chipped in 10 points each.
Junior Salters paced Wofford (9-11, 5-6) with 18 points and Tim Johnson and Kevin Giltner added 13 and 10, respectively.
The Terriers hit 11 of 18 3-pointers in the first half. Salters finished the game 6-for-8 from behind the arc.
- USC’s Kevin O’Neill hypes DeWayne Dedmon as future star
- NCAA rules Florida's Gak ineligible to play in 2016-17
- Iowa State's Prohm adds former Alabama coach to staff
- UConn AD preparing pitch, waiting to hear from Big 12
- UNC gets 1-week extension to respond to 5 NCAA charges
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes new ACC Network