W. Carolina beats Coll. of Charleston 70-68
CULLOWHEE, N.C. (AP)—Richie Gordon scored 22 points, including the game-winning layup, to lead Western Carolina to a 70-68 victory over College of Charleston on Thursday night.
Gordon was 10-for-11 from the field and scored seven of the last eight points for the Catamounts (12-10, 7-5 Southern Conference), who won their sixth straight home game.
Western Carolina snapped the Cougars’ 13-0 streak when leading at halftime. Charleston (16-6, 8-4) led 36-33 at halftime and 51-43 with 14:34 left.
The Catamounts pulled ahead 64-63 on a Gordon jumper with 5:32 left. Andrew Goudelock, who led the Cougars with 18 points, tied the game at 68 on a 3-pointer with 55 seconds remaining. Gordon answered with his layup with 15 seconds left.
The teams meet again Wednesday.
Charleston’s Tony White Jr. missed his first free throw, ending his school-record streak of 30 straight.
- LeBron bears witness to Stephen Curry; Duke goes down
- No. 9 Virginia pulls away from Pitt 64-50
- USC athletic director Pat Haden to step down in June
- No. 25 South Carolina looks for win at No. 8 Texas A&M
- JeQuan Lewis' growth at PG a key to VCU's winning streak
- Monmouth (NJ) cruises to 91-67 win over Fairfield